i have been trying to practice acceptance on a bigger scale and thought i was doing really well until a little "no", to a vacation request, came back to me yesterday.
well, my resentment and indignation flared and before long it became "how dare they....."
i was barely able to drive home and i let it ruin my entire friday night. went to bed irratated and annoyed. no sleep to be had, etc...
i was barely able to drive home and i let it ruin my entire friday night. went to bed irratated and annoyed. no sleep to be had, etc...
so in my morning meditation, i found myself stuck in any effort to find gratitude.
poof... so much for that.
poof... so much for that.
i was back to acceptance once again.
for me, acceptance is what keeps me sane, peaceful, and in a positive state of mind. no matter what may be happening around me, it's a choice i try to make to see things in different light.
a begrudging choice this morning, none the less. but, it's what i know i need to do.
my favorite reading on acceptance says this-
"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation--some fact of my life---unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake....
...unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."
now, maybe i'll talk to my boss about it again~ sj



0 comments:
Post a Comment